The Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhiddin Yassin during 27/10/2011 Deepavali function in Pagoh said that the BN government has never disappointed the Indian community since independence 54 years ago. He further added that BN government had succeeded in resolving the various problems faced by the Indian community in this country. Let’s look at the progress made by the Indian community in the past 54 years under the BN rule.
1. When estates were developed into town ship, the estate works were evicted without any compensation and retraining. They become the new slum dwellers on the fringes of major cities without any proper jobs and houses. The community slowly deteriorated into urban poverty and ghetto community with increased crime. Today Indian youths are the highest in prison.
2. Indians who once dominated the academia in local universities were decimated into negligible numbers. The pseudo meritocracy has reduced the number of Indian students entering local universities to 2 to 3 %.
3. Indians employment in civil service was reduced to the minimum and menial.
4. Indian contractors doing road work and civil contracts were slowly squeezed out.
5. Indians once dominated sports especially track and field event were today almost non-existent.
6. In business and trade the exclusive affirmative action for bumiputras has made the Indian businessmen incapacitated. Indians don’t have any financial support programs to support their business activities.
7. The BN government has outsourced all Indian problems to MIC which is weak and small partner in the ruling BN coalition. MIC goons took the government allocation for themselves and keep threatening and instilling false hope that only BN government can help Indian community. The community trusted these untrustworthy fellows till 2008 when they openly rebelled to show the frustration and anger.
8. The percentage of Indian lawyers and doctors and other professional groups fell way behind other community under the BN rule.
9. The indiscriminate influx of foreign workers has further eroded the manual work job opportunities to ghetto Indian communities.
Under the BN rule only gangsters, school dropouts, unskilled workers and urban poverty among Indians have increased. BN has diverted the Indian problem to Temples and Tamil schools. Today BN has made turned the Indians into a hamper receiving community. UMNO thinks that by giving a bag of rice they have done great service. Only Indians without dignity and pride will ever support and vote for BN.
Indians in Malaysia were decimated into irrelevancy under the BN rule. Yet the deputy prime minister has the guts and gumption to say in a Deepavali function with the presence of Dr. S.Subramaniam minister of human resources and the Johore MIC head that BN has succeeded in resolving Indian community problems. This utterance of Tan Sri Muhiddin yasin may be music to MIC clowns but in actual fact those words are adding insult to the injured Indian community. We should not let UMNO insult anymore.
Senator S. Ramakrishnan